As with the canine equivalent this course provides a lead into the feline behaviour and psychology course.
1. The Cat's Development
- What is psychology? What is behaviour?
- Evolution of the cat, and domestication
- Social behaviour of cats
- Development of the cat from kittenhood to maturity
- The differences between altricial and precocial species at birth
- The first few hours of a kitten's life
- Physical development of the young kitten
- Critical and sensitive periods when learning must take place
- Socialisation of young kittens
- The principles of reinforcement and the way cats learn
- Weaning of kittens and separation from the mother
2. Communication, Behaviour And Psychology
- Sexual behaviour and the differences between the sexes
- Courtship and mating
- Pregnancy and birth
- Types of communication - visual, auditory, chemical, tactile
- Abnormal behaviour - maladaptive learning, redirected behaviour, stereotypical behaviour, anomalous reactivity
- Displacement activities
- Stress in cats and the problems it can cause
- Indoor territory marking and inappropriate elmination
- Determining the cause of problem behaviour
- Techniques for dealing with problems
Study Level 2The study Level relates to the how demanding the course is. 1 is beginner and 5 is HND / Foundation Degree level.
2 Module CourseThis course is delivered in 2 study modules which need to be passed to gain the qualification.
Information coming soon.
No reviews were found.