On the rare occasions when students cannot continue their studies a refund may be made subject to the following conditions:
1. In accordance with UK legislation on distance selling any claim for a refund must be made within 14 days of the first module being despatched. After this period there is no legal right to a refund.
2. Registration fees paid in respect of Compass, and other awarding bodies are not refundable.
3. Module notes or books are not returnable.
4. Any module notes provided will be charged at a rate appropriate to the price band for the course, prices available on request.
5. Any books supplied will be charged at retail value.
6. Any module that has had work submitted for marking is deemed to have been completed (even if returned for re-submission) and charged at the full rate.
7. Any bank charges related to payments received or collected will be deducted from any refund awarded. The right is reserved to levy an administration charge in all cases.
8. No charge will be made for postage.
9. Any student wishing to change course will be able to transfer any funds paid (subject to conditions 2-6) at any stage within 6 months of the despatch of their first module. They will be required to re-register.
10. Fully paid students are not entitled to a refund for modules not received on academic grounds but are entitled to have such module notes sent once their course has ceased.
11. Students who have registered through a third party will be subject to that organisation’s refund policy.
12. Students who have paid in full for their course will have module notes that have not yet been received sent to them in the format paid for.
It should be emphasised that claims for refund are very rare (less than 1 in 300 registrations at the last count). Before asking for a refund after the 14 day period students are reminded that they have bought a product which, like any other product, cannot be returned for a refund after 14 days simply because you have decided that it no longer suits your requirements or your circumstances have changed.