This course is designed to suit the needs of rabbit owners, those working in the pet industry including pet shops, pet rescue and pet boarding.
1. Rabbit Husbandry
- The history of rabbit keeping
- Preparing to own a rabbit, ensuring that you are making the right decision
- Choosing a suitable breed, including the characteristics of a variety of breeds
- Housing the rabbit, suitable accommodation, both indoors and outdoors, ensuring that bedding is suitable
- Feeding the rabbit, including an explanation of the specific nutrient requirements for rabbits
- Equipment required for keeping a rabbit
- Litter training a rabbit
- Vaccination and the diseases they prevent
- Reproduction and neutering
- Handling rabbits
2. Rabbit Healthcare
- Carrying out health checks
- Checking nails and teeth
- The common ailments that rabbits can suffer from, including gastrointestinal, respiratory, skin problems
- Problems relating to nutrition
- External and internal parasites
- Helping to prevent health problems
- Caring for elderly rabbits
- What to do if first aid is necessary
Study Level 1The study Level relates to the how demanding the course is. 1 is beginner and 5 is HND / Foundation Degree level.
2 Module CourseThis course is delivered in 2 study modules which need to be passed to gain the qualification.
No reviews were found.