This course has been designed with the new Guinea pig owner in mind. The course is also useful for rescue centre staff or those working in the pet industry, including pet shops, pet rescue and pet boarding.
1. Guinea Pig Husbandry
- The history of guinea pig keeping
- Preparing to own a guinea pig
- Choosing a suitable breed
- Housing the guinea pig
- Feeding the guinea pig
- Equipment required
- Reproduction and neutering
- Handling guinea pigs
2. Guinea Pig Healthcare
- Health care, what to look for to check your guinea pig is healthy or not
- Common disorders
- Nutritional disorders
- Parasites you should be aware of
- Grooming, nails, and dental care
- First Aid and putting together a first aid kit
- The elderly guinea pig, extra care and feeding
Study Level 2The study Level relates to the how demanding the course is. 1 is beginner and 5 is HND / Foundation Degree level.
2 Module CourseThis course is delivered in 2 study modules which need to be passed to gain the qualification.
Information coming soon.
No reviews were found.