This programme is designed to explain what the cat's digestive system needs and how natural and commercially produced foods satisfy that requirement. This course will serve as career development for anyone working in feline care.
1. The Digestive System and Nutrients
- Anatomy and physiology of digestion
- The feline digestive system
- Structure of the tooth
- The cat's tongue
- The passage of the food
- The liver and its part in digestion
- The purpose of food
- Specific needs of cats
2. Natural Diet and Commercial Foods
- The cat's natural nutritional requirements
- The kitten's diet
- Artificial feeding aids
- Comparison between different milks
- How to feed an orphaned kitten
- Feeding schedules
- Average kitten weight gain over first seven weeks
- Pregnant Queens
- Special diets
- Daily requirements of healthy cats
- Commercial foods
- Dry food
- Soft moist food
- Balanced canned foods (or wet foods)
- Speciality/Gourmet foods
- The wild cat's diet
- Ingredients for a home produced diet for cats
Study Level 2The study Level relates to the how demanding the course is. 1 is beginner and 5 is HND / Foundation Degree level.
2 Module CourseThis course is delivered in 2 study modules which need to be passed to gain the qualification.
- All Compass Education Ltd courses are written by industry experts and provided exclusively in the UK by Compass, they are not available anywhere else. Courses are unique to Compass and accredited by Ofqual regulated Awarding Bodies and/or Industry Professional Bodies as indicated in each course description. In common with the overwhelming majority of private educational provision in this sector they are not a part of the RQF or SCQF and they do not appear on Ofqual's register of qualifications.
No reviews were found.