Feline first aid is important for all people working with cats in any professional capacity as well as private owners. This individual course is in more depth than individual modules that cover the subject in other courses.
1. Principles of first aid (part 1)
- Accident prevention
- Outdoor basics
- Indoor basics
- Objectives and rules of first aid
- Putting together a first aid kit
- Restraining techniques
- Vital signs
- Temperature, Pulse and Respiration
- Cleaning wounds
- Bandaging techniques
- How to bandage a paw
- How to bandage a tail
- Supporting broken limbs
- Transporting an injured cat
- Road traffic accident (RTA) and what to do
2. Principles of first aid (part 2)
- Specific situations of first aid
- Open wounds
- Closed wounds
- The various types of fractures and first aid action
- Haemorrhaging and the types of haemorrhaging
- Signs of haemorrhaging and first aid action
- Pressure Points
- Dislocations and first aid action
- Shock and first aid action
- Heat stroke and first aid action
- Cut paws
- Burns and scalds and first aid action
- Drowning and first aid action
- Foreign bodies in eyes, throat and mouth
- Insect stings and first aid action
- Poisoning and first aid action
- Convulsions and fits, causes and first aid action
Study Level 2The study Level relates to the how demanding the course is. 1 is beginner and 5 is HND / Foundation Degree level.
2 Module CourseThis course is delivered in 2 study modules which need to be passed to gain the qualification.
Information coming soon.
No reviews were found.