This programme is designed to explain what the dog's digestive system needs and how natural and commercially produced foods satisfy that requirement. The course is designed to be used as career development for those working with dogs and responsible for feeding regimes.
1. Dentition and the Digestive System
- Milk and Permanent teeth
- Structure of the tooth
- Dental eruptions
- Dental variations in dogs in comparison to the shape of the dog's head
- The alimentary canal
- The action of digestion and food
- The liver and its part in digestion
- Types of food
- Food types and their function
2. Canine Diet
- The function of food
- The canine digestive system
- Types of food: Moist, Dry and Natural
- When to feed
- Dietary requirements for the puppy
- Feeding an orphaned puppy
- Feeding the brood bitch
- How much should a dog be fed?
- Dietary requirements of the elderly dog
- Loss of appetite (fussy feeders)
- Feeding the unwell dog
- The importance of water
- Table of minerals and vitamins relating to the dog's diet
Study Level 2The study Level relates to the how demanding the course is. 1 is beginner and 5 is HND / Foundation Degree level.
6 Module CourseThis course is delivered in 6 study modules which need to be passed to gain the qualification.
All Compass Education Ltd coursesare written by industry experts and provided exclusively in the UK by Compass,they are not available anywhere else. Courses are unique to Compass andaccredited by Ofqual regulated Awarding Bodies and/or Industry ProfessionalBodies as indicated in each course description. In common with the overwhelmingmajority of private educational provision in this sector they are not a part ofthe RQF or SCQF and they do not appear on Ofqual's register of qualifications.
Information coming soon.
No reviews were found.